Saturday, March 19, 2011

How's your weekend going?  Are you having a good Saturday morning?  The sun is out here, despite the cooler temps.  There's nothing like Canadian weather where you're wearing your spring jacket one day and your hat and mitts the next - which, by the way, I refuse to put back on (hat, I mean).  Once you get a taste of that nice weather, it's just so hard!  The mitts I wore with abandon; I'll freeze my head, but not my hands.  I never said I made any sense.

I'm going to lay low for a bit; my emotions have taken a hit on several levels and I need to regroup.  

I wanted to share with you an interview in the Globe & Mail with Michael Pollan, before I go though.  If you're at all interested in the debate between Big Ag/Little Ag, or if you care where you food comes from, how society and agriculture meet, you might want to read this.  I think a few points have been articulated very well.

Also, my trip to market was very brief but enjoyable this morning (once I left the house; my health has not been well of late).  I got a few small bottles of maple syrup from my maple syrup guy that I'm going to mail out to a few friends (EL, LR) from fresh crop!  And I got one of those little maple syrup cones.  I can't even tell you the joy I had when I saw he had those.  It was my childhood re-lived.  My day is complete after consuming one of those little cones of gold.  Mmmm... maple syrup.  

Be well.. and have a great weekend!  

4 comments:

Bix said...

That was a good interview with Pollan. I appreciate you linking it.

Perovskia said...

Thanks, Bix. Thought you'd like it. Hope others view it the same way. I thought a lot of good things were said.

Bix said...

I meant to ask you, are you enjoying your new vegetarian diet? What are your meals like?

Perovskia said...

Will be blogging about that soon :)

Copyright Text