Monday, October 18, 2010

Perspective?

I don't care for the title today, but it's the only one that fits.  The world has challenged me greatly lately and I'm about feeling the over-load.  Some people are busy and challenged with school or work, I'm challenged with self-reflection and improvement (okay, studies too, and that's weighing me down just as much).  I just saw how that sounds.  Is that selfish?  I hope not; it's not how it's meant.  Anyways, this is a brief (cryptic) post and I'm going to keep it on track.

I got a new insight to an old situation.  At least, I think that's what it is.  I've been having signs from the universe again.  I ignored them for the longest time, but as usual, the more I ignore, the more predominant they become.  How long does faith in something carry you?

Along the self-improvement line... the Leadership series at work is almost done.  We've got one more session to go.  I've already learned *so* much and have been trying to apply it.  The upper echelons seem to be impressed and I'm silently wondering if it's making an impact yet.  I'm changing; I see and feel it.  But I've entered into a bit of a .. what would you call it.. I feel like I'm stuck between two worlds.  I thought to myself today I don't want to do manual labour for much longer as much as I enjoy it (I'm not being facetious) but I don't yet know if I'm qualified (or ready) to sit behind a desk.  I want it.. and I look forward to that moment in life.. but right now I'm trying to even see if I can mesh what I enjoy doing with.. a desk job.  How can you reach and connect with people behind a desk?  I suppose people do it all the time.  I don't know if I'll do it at the hospital.  I'll continue to stay there as long as it challenges me, but as soon as I move to days, there's no more challenge left.  My mind is hungry for more.  The thing is, with union bureaucratic bullshit, it's hard to obtain any other position.  Anyways, that's a rant for another day.  Lot on my mind about my career.

Well, that's all I have to say tonight.  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Copyright Text