Thursday, April 5, 2012

Random - Winston Churchill

I was searching on YouTube with hymns I'm singing this weekend (tonight, Friday, Saturday and Sunday - being  Easter weekend) and I came across this by chance - an homage to Winston Churchill that encompasses his funeral, with a beautiful instrumental version of I Vow To Thee My Country.  I found it very moving.  Now, I'm sure people older than me can appreciate it more (I wish I was alive in Churchill's time to witness him, but he died 10 years before I was born) so I wanted to post it.  Perhaps you'll like it, too.  The picture they post about 24 seconds in... he looks like such a gentle and caring man.  He had such a great job to do that I don't even know the full scope of (I'll add him to my biography list).  I can't imagine what it would have been like that day.  What did Britain's feel?  What did the world feel?  Were you alive?  Were you there?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Sir Winston Churchill's Funeral.

No comments:

Copyright Text