Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Family Reprieve

I've got a LOT to write about. I'm going to break it down into different posts, though, as not to overwhelm anyone. It'll keep comments, if any, easier as well.

Where do I start. Well, today is the last day of my 4 days off. It's been glorious. I got a lot of studying done, which was sorely needed. I think my brain is about to explode, though. I got some family time in (I'll expand on this later), social time with friends and personal quiet time. People should be allowed to take 4 days off more often. Hell, even 3 (did you know they were talking about that for Canada? I kid you not. Some states already do it and I guess we've been entertaining the idea).

Time with my parents yesterday was enjoyable. Dad dropped me off at the restaurant (they own) and I did some prep. I don't think I've cut so many mushrooms and onions at one time in my life (and oh, the tears!). Went and played tourist (it's a very small, tourist-y town) and went shopping. Bought a pashmina. A pink one. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do pink ("Step out of your 'box'," the lady says). And I hate even more that it looks fabulous. Really brings out my skin tone :) I'm a girl. Who knew.

Anyhoo... Dad came to pick me up from the restaurant around 17:30 and we went back to the house, had a couple beers. Went out to the shop and talked about his bike (Harley) and how he welded a piece to affix to the bike for luggage (he's a freaking genius), looked at the cabinets he's making for the kitchen (again, a genius). Went in the house and hung out till F. got home, with pizza.. mmm (and naturally, more beer). Then we got talking about the deep stuff. I discussed with them the therapy I had earlier this year and what came of it. I told them about abuse I suffered when I was younger that they never knew about (my parents are divorced and I grew up in 2 different households). Discussed with them about relationships, past and present. And I just want to say.. I'm very thankful to have very patient, very understanding and very compassionate parents. Life sucked when I was younger, but we're making up for it now.

I was taken home, I checked messages, talked to a friend and hit the pillow at 23:30 (I was up at 07:30 that morning). I was emotionally and physically exhausted. I slept 10 hrs straight. It was fantastic.

Today I met up with a girlfriend for lunch. Went to a high-end restaurant down the street that was having a lunch special. It was fantastic. We even had a 'lil bubbly :)

Well, that about wraps it up today. Hope everyone is having a good week.

No comments:

Copyright Text