Wednesday, December 9, 2009


Last year I had a nice space heater. It was bought for me at my previous house by my previous landlord. It wasn't old, come last year, maybe 2-3 years old, if that. When I was cleaning last year, I came across the outlet it was plugged into. I panicked when I saw what it'd done. I damn near burnt down my apartment building. I would have felt a little bad about that. Did I go to the manufacturer? No. Should I have? Yes. But I was so worried that I took it out of the apartment and heaved it in the dumpster bin immediately. This is what I saw....

(Sorry, taken with phone again, quality poor)


hydra said...

How lucky that you spotted it in time. Just shows that we all need to check our plugs and sockets. My partner got up one morning to find the TV smouldering as he hadn't unplugged it!

Perovskia said...

Ack. I didn't receive notification for this comment. Sorry I'm late.

Lucky isn't the word for it. A smoldering TV! Oh no. I'm glad he caught it, too.

Copyright Text