Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Have No Title Today

It's so nice to see the sun out today, post-snowmaggedon that wasn't (sorry, but with all the hype I was expecting more, though not surprised we didn't get what everyone was panicking about).  You'd think we didn't live in Canada....

Had some good mat time this morning.  As you see, I had company....



No Babu, that's not how we do yoga.

Up close & personal.  If he's gonna get in my face, I'm going to get in his.

Peek-a-boo.... 

Big stretch!

This is what I came home to the other day.  I didn't even get greeted at the door.

Other than that, things are fine.  Nothing to report about work.  Unrelated, I have been struggling with my weight.  I've vowed to lose (only) 10lbs by my birthday (April) and already I'm unsuccessful.  It's a funny mentality; if I say to you, "Don't think of fuzzy, pink bunnies" what do you think of?  Fuzzy pink bunnies.  So in my effort to not think about food, I have been thinking about food *sigh*.  It's a lost cause, I fear.  And with my stomach being sensitive again lately, I've been trying to incorporate more veggies.  I like veggies, but to snack of them ALL the TIME, bleh.  I've never been THAT big of fan.  So what's a girl to do?  I've already gained 5lbs.

Having said that, I'm finding new refuge in the kitchen.  The past few weeks with having more time off during the week, I've been cooking or baking up a storm.  New cuisines, adventurous new recipes (mostly French).  I made a delicious chickpea (warm) salad a couple days ago (I can't believe how filling it is) with sauteed red onions and feta.  Yum.  I'll get back into the French baking next week when I get more moolah.  Working in the kitchen now is different than it was before.  I can't explain how.  I just.. forget everything else and concentrate on what I'm doing.  It's a pleasant escape.  Nothing *outside* exists *in* my kitchen.  Just like yoga... nothing else exists when I'm on the mat. When she's instructing us in shavasana (relaxation pose), she says at that moment we're not spouses, we're not mothers or fathers, sisters or brothers, friends or lovers, we're not whatever we do at work.  We just need to be in the moment.  It's very relaxing :)

So... I'm not sure where to go from here.  I'm constantly looking for new things to make in the kitchen and frustrated when I can't (mostly right now due to lack of money; I can't go out and buy a boatload of ingredients).  Ooh.. but I did make a stew this week.  Yum. 

It's Thursday which means choir tonight.  Meeting with a friend for tea after 2:00, phone meeting at 4:30, eat then Mass & choir. Busy afternoon.  Hope your week is going well!

2 comments:

hydra said...

I think purple is Babu's colour. It sets off his silver fur so well. I managed to lose a stone last year but have put half of it back on since Christmas and have given away my new size 12 jeans to the charity shop as I didn't think I would ever get into them again! I wish you luck with your diet. I slapped freshly cooked chard, mushrooms and pine nuts on top of some pasta last night, sprinkled it with parmesan cheese and it was delicious.

Perovskia said...

Heh. I think purple is his colour, too!

Ack. I'm sorry you had to donate your jeans. That sucks. I'd be happy if I lost a stone. Hell, half a stone at this point.

I'm weeding out some of the 'not so great' food in my kitchen and bringing in more 'better for you' food. So I'm not tempted, naturally. Your dinner sounded good :)

Copyright Text