Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Weighted

The more I look at my (lack of?) girlish figure, the more I remember I used to eat less in winter - and lose - the more I get depressed that this year isn't the case.

So I figure part of my problem is that I don't plan.  I tend to be a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants sort of gal when it comes to meal planning (occupational hazard of living single).  You don't have to worry about anyone else, so why pull out a 5lb roast when you don't have to, y'know?  Some days I'm not in the mood to make an elaborate dinner, or sometimes when I am in the mood, it's too late and nothing's thawed.

I snack, mostly on healthy things, but sometimes not.  Dinners are the same.  I do have to be conscious, of course, with my IBS, so it's not like I eat total junk.  I don't.  Or even close to it.  But I'm not eating optimally for me, perhaps (I seriously wish I could afford to see a Dietician).

Right, so planning.  I remember the days when I'd live with my ex-ex and we'd plan and get groceries for the week.  I would know what I was making for dinner every night that following week.  Heavens, I don't think I've done that in... in...*thinks*... 10 years.  Hmm.  Slightly depressing, isn't it?  Just because I'm single (or you or anyone, for that fact) means I should be eating less well.  It's pure laziness.  Or preparing some food Sunday nights for the rest of the week (i.e pre-chopping veggies, or what have you.  If I don't prep them on the day I obtain them, I don't always eat them).

So I have to work around this.. whole... planning thing.  That is all.

2 comments:

hydra said...

I assure you it's just as bad living with a man who never puts on weight and likes to eat a very fattening diet AND insists on doing all the cooking! I can't wait to live alone and nibble on a stick of celery.

Perovskia said...

I can't wait for you to, too :)

Copyright Text