Sunday, February 27, 2011

Third Time's A Charm?

So the universe is indeed trying to tell me something.  It happens in three's, yes?

My first hit with mortality in recent history was with my dad's cancer (though some time ago).  The second, with my friend/co-worker in the hospital.  Today was the magical third - we had a bomb scare at work.

Now, I wasn't too worried.  Really.  We were in lockdown in the kitchen.  And you get used to codes being called (i.e fire) and it not usually being much of anything (false alarms and the like).  So I wasn't really *too* worried about today.  I thought to myself 'I'm going to die, or I'm not going to die'.. and that's it; quite calm and at peace about it, really.  Having said that, I think the universe is sending me signs.  Of what, I have no idea, but I'm not usually the type to wait around and see.

Went to Mass tonight and spent some extra time at the church afterwards.  JC was teaching organ so I hung out and did some thinking/praying.  Friend wasn't doing as well today I heard, so worried about her.

Not too talkative, or hungry for that fact, tonight.  It's Saturday though, and I hope y'all are having a good weekend :)

4 comments:

Bix said...

So, it wasn't a scare but a real device? That is unsettling.

How is your dad?

Perovskia said...

It was a scare that we thought it was sort of real (and you wouldn't believe how fast rumours spread in that place). Unsettling is a good word.

Dad's good! He's in remission. It was over a year ago and he's had his treatment since. He gets checkups every 6 months.

Bix said...

Cancer is scary. It's good he can move forward from it.

Perovskia said...

Yeah, I'm definitely thankful he's okay.

Copyright Text