Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Going Dairy-Free and Other Musings..

I want my milk. *Now* I'm starting to crave it. Not a lot... and most of it is out of habit, but I often find myself saying, "A glass of milk would go great with this". Today and for the next week is completely dairy-free. Well, for the most part. There are a couple items in my fridge that I can't not eat because they have some form of dairy in them (the mashed potatoes with used-up sour cream, the greek salad that has a bit of feta on top). I'm using the food I have. I'm just not actively putting dairy on anymore food items (no cream in my coffee this morning which surprisingly, isn't that bad). I didn't make apple crisp last night as planned (butter), so I have found another recipe to use the apples with no dairy (I'll post it if it works out). I never realized how much dairy I actually use - until I cut it out. So the adventure continues...

The Paxil is going fine. Sort of. The only adverse side-effect I'm getting is feeling more thirsty/dry mouth. So I try to drink more water. It is affecting my g.i system I believe and making it more sensitive (not less), so if this continues for the next couple weeks I'll go off the med at month's end. It's being counter-productive. This doesn't surprise me, though. I tried.

I continue to confront parts of my distant past and it's going very well. Slow, but well. I am happy about this.

That's all for today. I hope everyone's having a good week.

No comments:

Copyright Text