Friday, August 27, 2010

Updates & Stuff

I'm having a tea this morning instead of coffee.  Letting go of coffee has been easier than I thought.  I'm not cutting it out completely, but I'm not having it everyday like I used to.  Maybe once or twice a week or so.  I was going to say it's easier to let go of something when it brings you discomfort, but that's not always the case (as is with coffee; I was having 2-3 cups a day).  I'm not sure where to start when it comes to updating you on what's going on, so I'm just going to start babbling.....

School - Courses are completed (I'm sure I've mentioned this by now) but I still have to figure out my overall average for the program.  Hmm.. maybe it's listed online.  Let me check my account.  Hmm.. but that means I have to find a paper with my student number on it.  Which also reminds me, I have to apply for my certificate.  .....*ruffles around with papers in bedroom*......*looks for 20 min but can't find anything*..... Right, well, that's going to have to wait.  I really need to get in there and clean up.

I've been hearing more blue jays the past few mornings and geese the past couple.  It's that time of year again.  I've got my living room window slightly closed; it's really dropped in temperature overnight (down to 9C).  The days are lovely, though (around 25C/75F).

Work - I think hours will be cut more in October than September as planned.  The later the better for me.  In September I'm taking a Leadership course.  It's a once-a-week lecture (for several weeks) to improve, obviously, your leadership skills.  This is important for me as I have the drive to lead, but lack some... how shall we say.. tact :)  I'm there to do a job and I will direct you to get said job done.  Only, not all people like my directness and I have to.. *shudder*... soften my edge a little.  Honestly, I hate conforming.  It's not for me.  But, having said that, I understand you attract more flies with honey.  Maybe I can look at it differently than 'conforming'.  Hmm.  Oh, funny story:  An email was sent out to pick up the course materials.  I went down to pick them up and as she handed them to me I said I already received them.  She looked puzzled.  She said, "Are you sure?  I just made these yesterday."  Me, "Um... yeah.  I received them in an inter-office envelope last week."  We both pause and look puzzled.  "Are you SURE?" she says.  "Yup."  So it's a total mystery as to how I got the same course material a week before she made it.  Odd, indeed.  Meant to be?

Health - I've been sleeping okay for the most part.  The Breathe-Right nose strips have been a God-send.  They let me sleep through an entire night now and I feel more rested the next day.  I think I still feel really run down from my forever-lasting cycle.  I'm taking ferrous fumerate (a form of iron) to try and give myself a boost, so I've cut down to half a pill a day because it was upsetting my stomach something severe.  I'm not really noticing a difference, to be honest.  I will try to get my next B12 shot soon.  I've been cracking down on my eating habits again as I was getting a little lazy (it really is hard to recognize and resist so many carbs!).

Personal Growth - Boy, I don't think I have enough time in the day or space in this entry to write everything that's happened the past 72 hours.  Lets just say I feel the weight has been lifted off my back.  175lbs of weight, that is.

Cryptic - Remember my significant coffee friend?  Yes.

I read this, this morning: Scientists Crack Wheat's Genetic Code.  I have a sneaky suspicion this isn't an entirely good thing.

This article made my stomach turn: Women Need Antibiotics Before (not after) C-Section.  Just.. wrong.  Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.  I understand in some cases it may be needed, but.. man.  (Note: yes, my opinion, not based on medical fact, but I'll be DAMNED if you stick me with a) something I don't want and b) something that will get into my baby's bloodstream, also what I don't want).  /rant

I have a random craving for a Starbucks Tazo Chai Latte.  Thanks, CS :P

It was JH's birthday yesterday.  A ripe 25.  I woke her up early (muahahaha) and arrived at her door with flowers and took her out for breakfast.  I remember 25; I also did a lot of maturing at that age.  Things change.  Priorities in you shift.  Do *you* remember 25? :)

Prayer Life - I've found this fantastic site, Pray-As-You-Go (it's UK-based, as it turns out) and they have daily prayers you can download (on the site, or to an mp3 player).  I've listened to them every morning this week, almost first thing before my day starts (but of course, you can listen to them whenever, this is just what works for me) and they're just fantastic.  They last about 10-13 min, so if you can spare the time (or curiosity), I encourage you to give it a go.

Yesterday I tried, Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred.  Holy hell, am I sore today.  If I had more energy this morning, I would have given it another go, but I'm not feeling great.  There are a lot of girls at work trying it and I thought why not.  I need an extra kick in the ass.  It will definitely tone you, that's for sure.  At this point, even if it skims an inch off I'll be happy.  I'll keep you posted.  (I'll also keep you posted if I keep it up.  Aries are famous for starting things, but never finishing them.)

Well, I think I've talked your ear off today.  It's Friday and my weekend off, only I picked up a shift for Sunday.  I don't ever work my weekends off (I get so few) but this person begged and pleaded (okay, I might have a bit of a soft-spot inside, but don't tell anyone).  The hours will be nice on the next paycheque.  Tomorrow I'll be going to market early-early to get peaches for canning.  Wish me luck!!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!  Get out and enjoy the weather :)

Later Edit: Forgot to include a link.

No comments:

Copyright Text