Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday Service

... Can you tell it's going to be one of those weekends I post every 5 minutes?

Good Friday service was sombre as always.  I always cry - even if its a tear or two.  Well, it's celebrating a funeral, right?  After the four people walk up slowly with the large wooden cross (it's a very slow march.. drum *boom*.....step....*boom*......step.....*boom*.....step) we were allowed (as every year) to venerate the cross, so we all walk up, pew after pew.  My heart was beating stronger.  I walked up to it, genuflected (kneel on right knee), kissed the cross and walked back to my seat.  But it felt all in such slow motion, it was weird.  Almost surreal, like for a few seconds, I was the only one.  I suppose I could count that as a blessing (feeling alone with the Lord).  When I sat down I was in slight tears.  Sad.  

I am thankful for a faith that moves me.

2 comments:

hydra said...

And I found this a very moving blog entry, Perovskia. You were privileged to have that moment alone with the Lord. It's a rare feeling.

Perovskia said...

I'm glad it touched you :) I've been very beneficial to have more moments like this. Not often, but often enough to realize how lucky I am.

Copyright Text